Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!

After several prompts and requests from others for me to stop bitching and blabbing about musical ideas, the extemporaneous delivery of a music blog seems to be the answer. As your anxiety builds, without further ado, (please hold all applause until the end) I give you the highly prized, anticipated, and overly hyped, All-You-Never-Knew-You-Didn't-Know-About-Anything-That-Strikes-My-Musical-Fancy-Blog: Drunk On The Moon.






Currently Listening to:

Elton John & Leon Russell


Check it out here










Slipping into darkness

There seems to be an evil trend here, my span between posts is growing ever larger as we move forward. I aim to change that.



Considering I have not posted in a while, I will offer a retro grade approach and cover a few topics from recent history that i did not post about.






Monday, May 24, 2010

I Need That Record

Granted this is somewhat belated, I suppose it is still relevant. This documentary about the indie record stores is quite interesting, hence my reason for showing it.

As it has been apparent for the last couple of years, record stores, especially those that are not chains, have been vanishing left and right. This documentary (available here ) highlights a few of the affected stores nation-wide, and includes commentary by several well known musicians including Thurston Moore and Ian Mackaye.

I feel as though the film is not only entertaining, but offers insight into lesser known pieces of information about the music retail industry. Unfortunately the time has expired, but during the week of Record Store Day, the documentary was available for free streaming on pitchfork.com

Check out the trailer for this video and be sure to support its creator this July 27th when it hits stores everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment