Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!

After several prompts and requests from others for me to stop bitching and blabbing about musical ideas, the extemporaneous delivery of a music blog seems to be the answer. As your anxiety builds, without further ado, (please hold all applause until the end) I give you the highly prized, anticipated, and overly hyped, All-You-Never-Knew-You-Didn't-Know-About-Anything-That-Strikes-My-Musical-Fancy-Blog: Drunk On The Moon.






Currently Listening to:

Elton John & Leon Russell


Check it out here










Slipping into darkness

There seems to be an evil trend here, my span between posts is growing ever larger as we move forward. I aim to change that.



Considering I have not posted in a while, I will offer a retro grade approach and cover a few topics from recent history that i did not post about.






Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Modern Gentleman and Cowboy Pants Ride Again

So I have just been informed that there is to be a house party/ show in the Roland Park area on June 11th. I attended this shin-dig last year as a guest. The majority of the music acts were ambient/ noise, with some variation. It seemed as though the audience was interested in the music, however if memory serves, the average age of the collective group was probably 18.

The difference and more important fact about this year's partay is that my pal Rich and I will be collaborating our musical genius. The idear thus far is to loop guitar parts played by Sir Ricardo, and combine that with ambient loops, i.e. bird sounds, flowing water, etc. Atop this glorious sound will be live guitar, and some fat drum beats played by yours truly.

I am pretty excited about this event due to the fact that my recent history of playing out as a musician has been incredibly limited. After my departure from the infamous Better Left Unsaid, my days of gigging have been few and sporadic.



Part Deux:

There is to be a social gathering of like minded musicans and fans alike on the evening of Sunday, June 13. The event is to feature several of the up-and-coming local acts. The venue: the Copy Cat downtown. For information about the location check out their website, Pent House Gallery.

Before, between and after the music, my partner in crime, Sir Ricardo, AKA Modern Gentleman and/or Cowboy Pants will be serenading the music goers with the sultry grooves of vinyl. At the behest of the residents of the fine venue, DJ 1 and 2 will fulfill your wildest dreams, and your head may just explode from the total awesomeness of live, and spun tunes.

The DJ set will be a mixture of many genres, decades, 45s and LPs. The end result will be awe inspiring, and well, down right fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment