Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!

After several prompts and requests from others for me to stop bitching and blabbing about musical ideas, the extemporaneous delivery of a music blog seems to be the answer. As your anxiety builds, without further ado, (please hold all applause until the end) I give you the highly prized, anticipated, and overly hyped, All-You-Never-Knew-You-Didn't-Know-About-Anything-That-Strikes-My-Musical-Fancy-Blog: Drunk On The Moon.






Currently Listening to:

Elton John & Leon Russell


Check it out here










Slipping into darkness

There seems to be an evil trend here, my span between posts is growing ever larger as we move forward. I aim to change that.



Considering I have not posted in a while, I will offer a retro grade approach and cover a few topics from recent history that i did not post about.






Tuesday, June 8, 2010

DJ show/ Chores

So this will be short:

Update on DJ gig, it has been moved from the 13th, to the 11th, the night National Geographic will be playing.

As I prepare for the evening of musical greatness, I am forced to dig through a few shelves of not so dusty vinyl to determine what would be appealing, both known and unknown to the fans.

In doing so, I have selected a few gems. I am a meticulous person, so to make sure the evening runs smooth, and to facilitate the greatness of the music, I am selecting specific tracks from records I want to play.

After this step, I am not only cleaning the selected records, but paying additional attention to the selected songs and their specific conditions.

If anyone is interested in attending this exciting musical evening, please check out the National Geographic Bandcamp website for demo songs and information about the show.

I have decided on 30 LPs one 10", and 12 45's that I plan to work with on the 11th.

My musical range is everything from jazz, funk, soul, pop, rock, indie, and blues. As for my musical counterpart, his selection is as varied as much if not more than my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment