Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!

After several prompts and requests from others for me to stop bitching and blabbing about musical ideas, the extemporaneous delivery of a music blog seems to be the answer. As your anxiety builds, without further ado, (please hold all applause until the end) I give you the highly prized, anticipated, and overly hyped, All-You-Never-Knew-You-Didn't-Know-About-Anything-That-Strikes-My-Musical-Fancy-Blog: Drunk On The Moon.






Currently Listening to:

Elton John & Leon Russell


Check it out here










Slipping into darkness

There seems to be an evil trend here, my span between posts is growing ever larger as we move forward. I aim to change that.



Considering I have not posted in a while, I will offer a retro grade approach and cover a few topics from recent history that i did not post about.






Sunday, June 20, 2010

Update:

It has been a few days since I posted anything, so now seems like the appropriate time to do so. The McQuestion Basement Show went quite well. If you will all remember, Rich and I played as National Geographic, as well as the soothing sounds from the turntables.

Our live set was met with more appreciation than I expected. We played our full set, which appears on our self titled, recorded and released EP. We arrived with 9 copies of the EP and I believe all of them were sold. After the set, mingling with and talking to several of the attendants we were able to discuss our set and get some feedback.

Since then, Rich and I have been working on a few more songs. We have decided to edit the 3 original songs into shorter pieces, and include 2 or so more songs in our set. We considered the idea of implementing reggae, but as of yet it has not happened. The next pieces are a little different from the original three, I will not disclose details, this will be a surprise. We are working to get a decent recording submitted to play the Whartscape festival in Baltimore. We are also cooking up an idea to play rooftop in Brooklyn sometime this summer. More info TBA.

The DJ set we played was also fun, and met with a warm reception. We played a wide variety of music and successfully appealed to a variety of tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment